Monday, January 23, 2012

Pinterest Projects!

This Fall after I got my iPAD, I become introduced to Pinterest.  I can't remember who "invited" me, but I explore it from time to time.  I honestly do not spend a lot of time on it, but every few days I see what new ideas have been pinned that I might could use.  I tend to gravitate towards pins regarding recipes, kids, school, do-it-yourself/organization, crafts, photography and holiday ideas.  I thought I would devote this blog entry to things that I have done from Pinterest!

Snowflake ornament for my Winter Tree:

Same idea applied to heart ornaments or magnets for Valentine's Day:
(Family:  Act surprised if you get one of these from my kids!)

Mama and Me journal for Baby Girl Baer and I to write secret notes (She loves this!), we leave it under each other's pillow after we write a note inside:


Writing idea for 3rd graders (my daughter did this in 2nd grade too!); "If I Lived in a Snowglobe..."
It's hard to see in the picture, but they drew what it would look like in their snowglobe and they typed their paragraph about what they would do if they lived in a snowglobe.


I made this after church so that we would have something quick, hot, yummy and kid-friendly!  Ham and swiss (or cheddar for the kids) crescent roll-ups, served with chips and fruit:


Certain nights of the week I have more time to cook the more time-consuming dishes.  Tonight we had Outback's Alice Springs Chicken!--chicken, bacon, honey mustard, mushrooms and cheese!  A hit even for the kids--along with cheese potatoes (just the ones out of the box) and green beans.

If you haven't already, check out Pinterest!  Let me know if you need an invitation.  You're bound to be inspired to try something new.  Just don't let it overwhelm you!  I have set a goal to try to make/do/cook, etc. one idea that I have pinned each week.  

Have fun pinning! :)










No comments:

Post a Comment